Veggie & Rice Noodle Bowl with Ginger Peanut Dressing
by Minimalist Baker
A 15-minute meal that requires virtually no cooking and only one bowl. Simply prepare rice noodles, chop fresh veggies, whip up a quick ginger peanut dressing and throw it all together with tofu and fresh basil. A vegan and gluten free dish that’s completely satisfying.
View on Minimalist Baker
Prep: 5mins Cook: 10mins Total: 15mins
- 553 kcal
- Carbohydrate content
- 74 g
- Fat content
- 24 g
- Fiber content
- 6 g
- Protein content
- 12 g
- Saturated fat content
- 3 g
- Serving size
- 1 g
- Sodium content
- 428 mg
- Sugar content
- 22 g
- ~3 oz. white or brown rice noodles ((3 ounces is roughly one-quarter of a 14-oz box of rice noodles))
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 heaping Tbsp natural salted peanut butter ((or sub other nut butter, such as almond or cashew))
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup ((or honey if not vegan))
- 1/2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari ((sub coconut aminos if soy-free))
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce ((plus more to taste))
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced or grated ginger
- 1-2 Tbsp very hot water ((only if too thick))
- 1/4 cup uncooked extra firm tofu ((patted dry and cubed))
- 1/4 cup small carrots ((chopped in matchsticks))
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- Sriracha and fresh basil ((for topping))
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions – typically place in a bowl, pour boiling water over and let set for 10 minutes before draining.
- Prepare dressing by adding the following ingredients to a small mixing bowl: Peanut butter, sesame oil, brown sugar or maple, soy sauce or tamari, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, and ginger. If too thick, add a splash of hot water and whisk once more. Set aside.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Place on towel to dry slightly.
- Add noodles, carrots, green onion, and tofu to serving bowl. Top with peanut dressing, fresh basil ,and sriracha and serve immediately.