Vegan Thanksgiving Wraps
by Minimalist Baker
Healthy, hearty, 30-minute Vegan Thanksgiving Wraps with roasted sweet potatoes, crispy chickpeas, and garlic-dill sauce, tucked inside homemade Garlic Herb Flatbreads!
View on Minimalist Baker
Prep: 5mins Cook: 25mins Total: 30mins
- 464 kcal
- Carbohydrate content
- 82.9 g
- Fat content
- 9.9 g
- Fiber content
- 6.5 g
- Protein content
- 12 g
- Saturated fat content
- 0.8 g
- Serving size
- 1 wraps
- Sodium content
- 962 mg
- Sugar content
- 6.8 g
- 2 large (~150 g each) sweet potatoes ((organic when possible))
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper ((optional))
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas ((rinsed, drained and thoroughly dried in a towel))
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 scant tsp sea salt
- 1 healthy pinch each ground coriander + cardamom ((optional))
- 4 whole Garlic Herb Flatbreads* (or store-bought flatbreads or pita)
- Garlic Dill Hummus Sauce
- Toasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds ((optional))
- Dried cranberries ((optional // chopped))
- Fresh arugula or parsley ((optional))
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C).
- Thoroughly wash and dry sweet potatoes, then slice (skin on) into bite-sized rounds/pieces.
- Add to a mixing bowl with avocado oil, thyme, cinnamon, sea salt and cayenne (optional). Toss to coat, then arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- To the same mixing bowl, add rinsed, dried chickpeas, and avocado oil, thyme, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, sea salt, and coriander + cardamom (optional).
- Toss to coat, then arrange on baking sheet with sweet potatoes where space permits. (Depending on size of baking sheet, you may need to use a second to accommodate all potatoes and chickpeas).
- Bake for a total of 25 minutes, flipping/stirring once at the 15-minute mark to ensure even cooking. You'll know they're done when the potatoes are fork tender, and the chickpeas are golden brown, dehydrated, and slightly crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare toppings and dressing (if using).
- Once potatoes and chickpeas are finished baking, wrap flatbreads in a damp towel and warm in the still warm oven for 1-2 minutes (or in the microwave for 30 seconds) to soften and make more pliable.
- To assemble, top each wrap with a portion of sweet potatoes and chickpeas. Add desired toppings, such as dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, arugula, and Garlic-Dill Hummus Sauce (recipe link above).
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep separately in the refrigerator up to 3 days.