Roasted Chickpea and Broccoli Burrito
by Bad Manners
straight from our OG site and fan favorite from our first book. don't sleep on this one.
View on Bad Manners
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas or 2 15 ounce cans, drained
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large crown of broccoli, chopped into bite-sized trees
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari, or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 lime
- Spice Blend
- 2 teaspoons chili powder blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (or more cumin if you don't have that shit)
- cayenne pepper to taste
- burrito trimmings: tortillas, avocado, spinach, lettuce, cilantro, salsa, our Tex-Mex Queso
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
Place all the chopped up veggies (aside from the garlic) in a large bowl with the cooked chickpeas. Mix the spices together in a small bowl. Pour in the oil and soy sauce, stir, and then throw spice blend all over those fuckers. Mix until all the vegetables and shit are covered.
Put all of that on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Take it out of the oven, don’t fucking burn yourself, add the garlic, and stir it around. Bake for another 15 minutes. The broccoli might look a little burnt at this point but that is the plan so chill the fuck out and take it out of the oven. Squeeze the juice of half of the lime over the pan and stir the roasted chickpeas and veggies all around. Taste and see if it needs more spices or anything. Now make a motherfucking burrito. You know how to do that. We like ours with spinach, some salsa, and avocado but you do you. Also this is legit as a taco salad too. Just a suggestion.