Red Curry Noodles
by Bad Manners
SOUP IS JUST A BELLY SWEATER.
View on Bad Manners
- 2 tablespoons safflower or grapeseed oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste*
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1 15 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 12 ounces dried rice noodles, cooked according to the package
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1 batch dry fried tofu (recipe in TK1-3) or 12 oz extra firm tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Toppings: extra lime wedges, sliced red onion, cilantro, green onions
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the oil, garlic, ginger, and red curry paste and cook them all together for 2 minutes to wake up all that flavor in the curry paste.
Add the broth, coconut milk, and soy sauce. Bring it all to a boil then fold in the noodles, spinach, tofu, and lime juice. Simmer that all up until the spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and taste to see if it’s where you like it. Serve it up with all the topping and get down on some good shit.
* There are plenty of great recipes for homemade shit out there so dig up one of those if you have the time. Rushing? Store bought is legit. You’ll find it near the coconut milk and rice noodles, not on the spice aisle.