Fresh Herbed Avocado Salad
by Cookie and Kate
This salad is for avocado lovers! Sliced avocado, tossed in a lime-honey dressing, covered in a super fresh mix of herbs, radishes and toasted pepitas. Recipe yields 4 generous or 6 smaller servings.
View on Cookie and Kate
Prep: 25mins Cook: 5mins Total: 30mins
- 334 calories
- Carbohydrate content
- 17 g
- Cholesterol content
- 0 mg
- Fat content
- 29.9 g
- Fiber content
- 10.4 g
- Protein content
- 6.3 g
- Saturated fat content
- 4.5 g
- Serving size
- Sodium content
- 203.6 mg
- Sugar content
- 4 g
- Trans fat content
- 0 g
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped radish (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, parsley, basil, dill or any combination thereof
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeds and membranes removed, chopped (omit if sensitive to spice)
- 4 large just-ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 1 to 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus flaky sea salt for finishing (optional)
- Lime zest for garnish, optional
- Since avocados start browning once they’re cut, we’re going to prepare everything else first. Toast the pepitas in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often (don’t let them burn!), until they’re starting to turn golden on the edges and make little popping noises, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the chili powder, olive oil and pinch of salt. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the chopped radish, green onion, herbs and jalapeño in a bowl, and set aside.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, honey and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- You can slice or dice the avocados however you’d like, but for the prettiest slices (like mine), first cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Then cut the halves in half again to make long quarters. Peel the avocado skin off each quarter and carefully slice it into long strips.
- To assemble, place the avocado in a medium serving bowl or platter. Drizzle the dressing all over them. Stir the toasted pepitas into the herb mix, then spoon it over the avocados. Finish the salad with optional flaky salt and/or lime zest.