Curried Chickpeas and Potatoes
by Bad Manners
This recipe is from our homies Robby and Cyrus' new book Mastering Diabetes so ya know it's healthy as fuck. If you're not following any specific eating plan, feel free to add in some salt and oil but trust us, it's comfort food at it's finest either fucking way.
View on Bad Manners
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 6 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chickpeas or 2 15 ounce cans, rinsed
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- lemon or lime wedges
- In a large pot over a medium heat, saute the onions until they start to brown, about 7-10 minutes. Throw in the garlic, ginger, and spices and cook for another minute while enjoying how good that shit smells. If the pot starts getting too dry or stuff starts sticking, add in some water a couple tablespoons at a time to get things moving again.
Fold in tomato sauce and potatoes. Cover and reduce the heat to low so those fuckers can simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir it around every couple of minutes though to keep that shit from sticking. Fold in the chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, and cauliflower and simmer for another 5-8 minutes until the cauliflower softens up. Turn off the heat and stir in the cilantro and some lime juice. Serve right away.