Chilled Coconut Summer Soup
by Bad Manners
View on Bad Manners
- 1 1/2 cups canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups veggie broth or water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped optional
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup lime juice (about 4-6 limes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- corn kernels from 1 cob of fresh, raw corn
- 1 carrot, shredded or spiralized
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced into thin strips
- Grab your blender and pour in your coconut milk and veggie broth. Add the tomato, ginger, serrano if using, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and curry powder then blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add the extra 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder if you think it needs it.
Add the chopped cilantro and and green onion and pulse until they are kinda minced up in the broth.
You can stick this broth in the fridge and let it chill for a couple of hours or serve it right away. Up to you and whateverthefuck you've got going on in your life. When you are ready to go, pour into serving containers and then add all the chopped veggies and corn to each bowl. Top with some more cilantro and green onions and serve right away. The soup is best the first 2 days afters its made.