30-Minute Coconut Curry
by Minimalist Baker
A vegan, gluten free 30-minute curry that’s loaded with veggies and swimming in a perfectly-spiced coconut milk broth. Coconut quinoa sends this over the top. Simple, healthy, fast and so delicious.
View on Minimalist Baker
Prep: 5mins Cook: 25mins Total: 30mins
- 434 kcal
- Carbohydrate content
- 41 g
- Fat content
- 25.8 g
- Fiber content
- 6.4 g
- Protein content
- 10.2 g
- Saturated fat content
- 21 g
- Serving size
- 1 serving
- Sodium content
- 628 mg
- Sugar content
- 7.2 g
- 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 small onion ((diced))
- 4 cloves garlic ((minced // 4 cloves yield ~2 Tbsp or 12 g))
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger*
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets ((diced // or sub green bell pepper))
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup snow peas ((loosely cut))
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 pinch cayenne* ((optional // for heat))
- 2 14-ounce cans light coconut milk ((sub full-fat for richer texture))
- 1 cup veggie broth (DIY or store-bought)
- Sea salt and black pepper ((to taste))
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 cup white quinoa ((rinsed in a fine mesh strainer*))
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar ((optional))
- Fresh lemon juice
- Cilantro, mint, and/or basil
- Red pepper flake
- If serving with coconut quinoa, begin by washing thoroughly in a fine mesh strainer. Add to a medium saucepan over medium heat and toast for 3 minutes. Add light coconut milk and 1/2 cup water (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is light, fluffy and the liquid is absorbed. Set aside until serving.
- In the meantime, heat a large saucepan or pot to medium heat and add coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, cayenne (or chili pepper), veggie stock, coconut milk, another healthy pinch of salt and stir. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat slightly and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and tomatoes in the last 5 minutes so they don’t overcook.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. I added another pinch or two of salt.
- Serve over coconut quinoa (see other options below in notes) and garnish with fresh lemon juice and herbs.